Solar Energy Consultant
Location: Denver, Colorado
Online now - rapid response!
Medical, 401K, Vision, Dental, Life
Want to work for America’s Original Solar Company®?
For over 40 years, RGS Energy has worked closely with our customers to design and install energy solutions. Our goal is to provide unrivaled value to our customers. A well-established publicly traded solar energy company is looking for motivated salespersons looking to get established in our market. We will pay you for training while you become our top wage earner and help save the planet! We provide outstanding training, a great culture, and a team environment!
Salary plus Commission and potential for bonuses!
The Solar Energy Consultant (E-Sales) will interface with RGS customers, both existing and prospective, via phone and webinar. The Solar Energy Consultant will contact new or existing customers to determine their solar equipment needs, suggest solar solutions, and estimate costs. This position reports to the E-Sales Floor Manager.
- Prepare proposals, quotes, contracts, or presentations for potential solar customers
- Select solar energy products, systems, or services for customers based on electrical energy requirements, site conditions, price, or other factors
- Provide customers with information such as quotes, orders, sales, shipping, warranties, credit, funding options, incentives, or tax rebates
- Gather information from prospective customers to identify their solar energy needs
- Provide technical information about solar power, solar systems, equipment, and services to potential customers or dealers
- Calculate potential solar resources or solar array production for a site while considering issues such as climate, shading, and roof orientation
- Generate solar energy customer leads to develop new accounts. Take quote requests or orders from dealers or customers
- Assess sites to determine suitability for solar systems , using tools, such as tape measures, compasses, and computer software
- Create customized energy management packages to satisfy customer needs
- Demonstrate the use of solar and related equipment to customers or dealers
You are an accomplished salesperson with the ability to work in a technologically advanced environment. You can prospect consistently on the phone, the Internet, and in person. Knowledge of the solar industry, primarily in the residential market is preferred, but not required. A history of sales success in a complex selling environment, the ability to learn quickly, and retain knowledge is also acceptable. You must be motivated, well-spoken, engaging, confident, and relatable. You are accustomed to tracking your sales behavior and metrics as a source of effectiveness and overall improvement. While already operating at a high level, you understand and accept training and coaching as a source of continued growth.
You must have a verifiable history of earning more than $60,000 and a need to quickly surpass $100,000. Our top performers regularly surpass $100,000 in earnings excluding company benefits. Our salespeople are expected to perform at a high level. Our reputation within the solar industry, product line, and sales leads provide ample selling opportunities.
Please include in your application a cover letter with the answers to these questions:
- What is the key to a successful salesperson?
- What is your greatest sales achievement to date?
Applications without this information in the cover letter will not be considered.
Do you feel like this job is the perfect fit for you, but you don’t fit the criteria? Tell us why you should be considered anyway.
RGS Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. RGS Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.