Photovoltaic Service Electrician
Location: Denver, Colorado
The PV Service Electrician is responsible for providing service support as well as onsite service repairs for RGS Energy customers and addressing warranty claims, production variances, technical concerns and other tasks as needed. This is a remote position where the incumbent will work in the field and out of a home office, to be dispatched throughout Colorado. This position will include residential and commercial service sites.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Confirm service appointment with customers
- Provide expert technical support over the phone when needed and answer customer inquiries regarding system performance, maintenance, and savings and production analysis.
- Great time management skills required to optimize drive time and reach customers quickly
- Create a work environment that promotes communication and team work
- Maintain and share thorough documentation on work performed or recommended
- Work closely with customer service team, managers and customers to resolve system issues
- Troubleshoot systems to identify and rectify system malfunctions, sometimes with little foreknowledge of the issue
- Ensure residential or commercial solar system operation and safety
- Comply with all NEC and AHJ requirements for electrical work
- Interact with local inspectors and conduct inspections when requested
- Always utilize highest safety standards while in the field
- Keep up to date with state electrical board and stay ahead of pending rules/legislation that would impact photovoltaic systems
- Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on commercial sites
- Other duties as required by Management
- Licensed Colorado Master Electrician in good standing or eligible to become Master Electrician within 3 months of hire
- Extensive knowledge of National, State, and Local code
- Successful experience interacting with local AHJ’s
- Ability to use a computer including programs such as Microsoft Office, SalesForce, Concur, and ADP
- Experience with photovoltaic installations preferred
- Experience with I-V curve traces and performance analysis preferred
- DAS platform analysis preferred
- Attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- Positive team spirit
- Can handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Work long hours when necessary to reach goals
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Use time efficiently
- Ability to work independently and alone at times
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Employee must regularly use hands and fingers to handle or grasp; and hands and arms to reach.
- Employee must frequently stand, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must occasionally use hand and power tools safely and effectively.
- Exposure to work in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock
- Full training provided
- Benefits package including health, vision, and dental
- 401k plan
- Career path opportunities
- Competitive compensation plan
At RGS Energy, our employees are our most valuable asset and our work environment is collaborative and dynamic. Our people take pride in their work and their ability to make a personal difference in the world. RGS Energy has been a pioneer in sustainable living for over 30 years. Our mission is to reduce the human ecological footprint on earth, and we do this by providing high-quality renewable energy solutions. Using proven technologies and professional installation practices, we empower our customers to live comfortably with a lower environmental footprint. We lead by providing inspirational education, promoting community and demonstrating stewardship through our actions.