Sales Manager (03-14-132)
Location: Metro NY, NY, USA
The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the necessary sales to run a profitable office by creating and managing an effective sales team. The Sales Manager will be an integral part of the management team, fostering the development and implementation of best-practices for sales management. She/he will play a key role in developing innovative business development techniques specific to their market, training sales representatives, implementing sales protocol as guided by corporate, as well as driving continuous improvement throughout the sales process.
- Work closely with sales representatives to develop a highly productive sales team focused on market growth and expansion. Provide guidance, mentoring, and coaching to sales staff to ensure optimal performance and accountability.
- Conduct sales visits with the representatives, especially with struggling and/or new sales personnel
- Manage, track, and report pertinent operating metrics pertaining to sales territory
- Manage the regional lead generation process to ensure a continuous and robust pipeline of prospects
- Drive follow-up on customer commitments, while constantly seeking to improve close rates
- Manage documents related to sales contracts, incentives, and other project-specific needs
- Work closely with sales operations and upper management teams to ensure a cohesive bond from centralized support (HQ) and the sales territory
- BS degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of five years sales and management experience with a proven track record of success in building and leading a highly successful sales organization
- Experience in renewable energy sales with two years of solar electric system sales
- Responsible for management of P&L; strong focus on profitability and results
- Ability to identify and develop strategic growth plans for market growth and expansion
- Proficient with sales management modeling, including salesforce.com
- Strong technical acumen, including technical and economic aspects of solar or other high-tech products and services
- Strong organizational skills and adaptability in a fast-paced environment. Strong work ethic, positive, enthusiastic, and self-driven.
- Meet deadlines under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k, and more